Emmorton, MD – Harford County
Emmorton is an unincorporated community in Harford County, Maryland, United States.
St. Mary’s Church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.
St. Mary’s Church is a historic Episcopal church located at Emmorton, Harford County, Maryland. It is a small Gothic Revival parish church. It was built about 1851 and carefully designed in the “Early English” manner with gray rubble stone walls, cut Port Deposit granite trim, and a very steep slate-covered roof. It features an ornamental chimney, with a fleur-de-lis, the symbol of the Virgin Mary, in a bas-relief panel. It is the only church in America to have a complete set of stained glass windows designed by William Butterfield, the English Gothic Revival architect. Johannes Oertel did the chancel paintings.
Learn more at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmorton,_Maryland